Fiestas Patrias – September 18, 2021
Thanks to everyone who made the Fiestas Patrias a day to remember.
The Sophienburg and Westside Community Center worked together to create an exhibit from local historical archives featuring Diez y Séis parades and celebrations from the 1900s to the 1970s. In addition to the exhibit, there will be music, mariachis, Baile folklórico, crafts, food, snow cones, and more!
Fiestas Patrias 2021
A Historical Celebration of Diez y Séis in New Braunfels
On the beautiful grounds of The Sophienburg Museum and Archives
10 a.m.–2 p.m — Historical Display of Diez y Séis in New Braunfels (Emmie Seele Faust Library Building — 1900s to present)
10 a.m.–2 p.m. — Free museum entrance to all guests
10 a.m.–2 p.m. — Music by DJ Oscar and Bryan Zamora — pavilion
10:45am — Pastor Jose Munoz of First Presbyterian Church of New Braunfels
10:50am — Ringing of the Bell — pavilion — Father Steven Gamez of Sts. Peter and Paul Catholic Church — ”El Grito"
11 a.m. — El Grupo ”ECOS" Mariachi — pavilion
12:30pm — Ballet Folklorica — Compania de Danza Folklorica — pavilion
- Historical Display of Diez y Séis History (Emmie Seele Faust Building)
- Artwork in Remembrance of Reynaldo "Rey" Lujan Gaytan (Museum)
- Community Art by Stella Olivas
- Mike Ulloa with Comal Grill (tacos, water, sodas)
- Delicious Tastings by Chef Mario Perez and Sylvia Picazo
- Horchata Samples by NB Food Bank's Jennifer Lankford
- Cultural Crafts (papel picado, mini piñatas, paper ﬂowers)
- Face Painting — Kat and Veronica
- Snow Cones — The Shack